Configuring sending accounts
You can now set your own sending accounts with JungleMail for Office 365. This means that you can use multiple of your own Office 365 Outlook accounts, SMTP and Exchange Online accounts as From and Reply to addresses of your future newsletter campaigns. In this tutorial, you will learn how to authorize your own sending accounts to work with JungleMail for Office 365.
- Sending account types
- Adding sending account from Campaign Builder
- Adding sending account from the app settings
- Sending email from another user's account
- Configuring sending addresses
- Selecting default sending address
Note: if you want to send emails from the account of a different user you will have to have their mailbox permissions. Scroll to the bottom of this article to learn how.
Sending account types
You can choose from four different types of sending accounts in JungleMail for Office 365:
- JungleMail built-in mail server
- SMTP server
- Exchange Online account
- Office 365 Outlook sending account
We recommend using an
Adding sending account from Campaign Builder
To authorize a new sending account to be used in JungleMail for Office 365:
1. Open the app.
2. Click Create Newsletter from the top menu bar.
3. Click on the little drop-down arrow next to Sending Address. From here, select Create new sending account.
4. A pop-up window will now prompt you to log in with the sending account you want to authorize.
5. You will now have to authorize the sending account to read your profile, send mail as you etc. In the example below, an Office 365 Outlook sending account is used.
6. Before you finish authorizing your sending account you can set the specific conditions you want to apply for it. Select the Reply-to address, choose if you want other people to be able to use this account in the app etc.
7. Click Save once you are done. You will now be able to select your newly authorized Office 365 Outlook account when creating a new campaign in JungleMail for Office 365.
Adding sending account from the app settings
Another way to add sending accounts is Junglemail for Office 365 is via the app settings menu.
1. Start by opening the Sending Accounts tab.
2. Here you can see your current sending addresses and add new ones.
3. Click Create new sending account and select the type of account you want to add.
4. You will also be able to configure sending account settings
Sending email from another user's account
If you want to send emails from the account of a different user you will have to have their mailbox permissions. If you are the Office 365 admin you can do this yourself.
- Go to Office 365 admin center > Users > Active Users.
- Choose the user required, and then click Edit next to
Mailbox permissions .
- In the search box under
Send as ,
- Once you've selected your users, click Save.
Configuring sending addresses
You can have one or several sending addresses associated with a sending account. To add a new sending address, click Add new sending address.
In a window that appears, you can specify From and Reply-to addresses (they can differ from the campaign author's address), as well as the address for test emails.
Selecting default sending address
If you have several sending addresses, you can select a default one. It will be selected automatically when you start a new campaign.
1. Hover over the logo of the sending address of your choice.
2. Click on the grey checkbox that appears. It will turn from grey to blue.