Configuring sending accounts
In this JungleMail for Office 365 tutorial, you will learn how to add and configure various types of sending accounts and sending addresses to the app.
Sending account types
You can choose from four different types of sending accounts in JungleMail for Office 365.
- Office 365 Sending Account
Send using your personal or a shared mailbox. Emails appear as internal. Microsoft sending limits apply
- SMTP Server Sending Account
Send using your own SMTP server. Emails appear as external unless allowlisted in Exchange.
- JungleMail Built-in Mail Server Sending Account
Send using JungleMail Built-in Mail Servers. Emails appear as external. Recommended to use for external communication to partners, or for larger internal communications. Allowlisting and other configurations are highly recommended.
- JungleMail Mail Server Sending Account
Send using JungleMail Mail Servers. Emails appear as external. Regional options to comply with data storage regulations are available. Recommended to use for larger internal communications. Allowlisting and other configurations are highly recommended.
Office 365 account
With the highest delivery rates around, this is a recommended account to send internal newsletters for organizations with up to 2500 employees.
- Due to Office 365 email sending limits, sending speed is capped at 30 emails per minute (1500-1800 emails per hour).
- Emails sent via Office 365 sending account appear as internal, no additional configuration or whitelisting is needed in Microsoft Exchange.
When you add the Office 365 Sending accounts, you are consenting to the following permissions:
Exchange Online account
See Office 365 account description; the same sending limits apply.
New Exchange Online sending accounts cannot be created and current Exchange Online sending accounts have been deprecated.
JungleMail built-in mail server
This account type is recommended for campaigns with large recipient numbers (2500 or more).
- Delivery speed: 15,000 - 60,000 emails per hour; no delay between emails
- Supports custom From addresses
- Supports bounce tracking
By default, the built-in server uses @jmcloudpost.com domain as your From address. To use the server with your own domain, you need to authorize the app in your DNS by creating a DKIM record. Please contact us for detailed instructions.
Send newsletters with JungleMail using an outgoing mail server of your choice.
JungleMail Mail Server
This is an option for our Australian,UK, EU, or Canada cloud users to send newsletters using the JungleMail SMTP server. By default the JungleMail Mail server will use the @jmpost.com domain as your "From" address. Check out our article on how to send emails from your own domain and in which regions it is available.
Adding a sending account
To authorize a new sending account to be used in JungleMail for Office 365:
1. Open the app, click the gear icon, then click Sending Accounts.
2. Select Create new sending account, then select an account type from the drop-down menu.
3. Log into the selected account, review the additional options (may vary depending on the account type), then click Save.
4. At the bottom of the account page, you can select whether other JungleMail for Office 365 users in your organization can add Office 365 sending accounts and (or) share their own Office 365 sending accounts. Furthermore, you can set the app so that it selects a user's personal Office 365 account as a primary account instead of a default one.
Adding a sending address
You can have one or several sending addresses associated with a sending account. To add a new sending address:
1. Under your sending account, click Add new sending address.
2. Specify the From and Reply-to addresses (they can differ from the campaign author's address) and, optionally, send a test email.
Sending from another user's account
If you want to send emails from the account of a different user or a shared mailbox, you will need to have their mailbox permissions. If you are the Office 365 admin you can do this yourself. Please refer to our article.
Selecting a default sending address
If you have several sending addresses, you can select a default one. It will be selected automatically when you start a new campaign.
1. Hover over the logo of the sending address of your choice.
2. Click on the grey checkbox that appears. It will turn from grey to green.