Configuring sending accounts
In this JungleMail for Office 365 tutorial, you will learn how to add and configure various types of sending accounts and sending addresses to the app.
Sending account types
You can choose from four different types of sending accounts in JungleMail for Office 365.
Office 365 account
A recommended account to send internal newsletters in organizations with up to 2500 employees. The delivery speed is 1500-1800 emails per hour. To comply with Office 365 email sending limits, sending from this account is limited 5000 emails per day. In addition, the app applies a 2,5-second delay between emails to help prevent occasional delivery lags due to technical issues in Microsoft servers. If you're sending to more then 2500 recipients, we recommend using a built-in server or your SMTP server.
Exchange Online account
See Office 365 account description; the same sending limits apply.
JungleMail built-in mail server
This account uses @jmcloudpost.com domain as your From address and is the only one that supports bounce tracking. Furthermore, it does not have sending limits: you can send 1500 emails in 5 minutes via a built-in server instead of one hour via an Office 365 account. We recommend whitelisting the built-in server's IP address so that your newsletters are not rejected as spam. To use a built-in server with your own domain, you need to authorize the app in your DNS by creating a DKIM record. Please contact us for detailed instructions.
Send newsletters with JungleMail for Office 365 using an outgoing mail server of your choice.
Adding a sending account
To authorize a new sending account to be used in JungleMail for Office 365:
1. Open the app, click the gear icon, then click Sending Accounts.
2. Select Create new sending account, then select an account type from the drop-down menu.
3. Log into the selected account, review the additional options (may vary depending on the account type), then click Save.
4. At the bottom of the account page, you can select whether other JungleMail for Office 365 users in your organization can add Office 365 sending accounts and (or) share their own Office 365 sending accounts. Furthermore, you can set the app so that it selects a user's personal Office 365 account as a primary account instead of a default one.
Adding a sending address
You can have one or several sending addresses associated with a sending account. To add a new sending address:
1. Under your sending account, click Add new sending address.
2. Specify the From and Reply-to addresses (they can differ from the campaign author's address) and, optionally, send a test email.
Sending from another user's account
If you want to send emails from the account of a different user you will have to have their mailbox permissions. If you are the Office 365 admin you can do this yourself.
- Go to Office 365 admin center > Users > Active Users.
- Choose the user required, and then click Edit next to Mailbox permissions.
- In the search box under Send as, type the name of the user or users that you want to allow to send email from this mailbox.
- Once you've selected your users, click Save.
Selecting a default sending address
If you have several sending addresses, you can select a default one. It will be selected automatically when you start a new campaign.
1. Hover over the logo of the sending address of your choice.
2. Click on the grey checkbox that appears. It will turn from grey to blue.