Whitelisting JungleMail servers
If you are using JungleMail for Office 365 built-in mail server to send internal newsletters, you must update your organization's spam filter settings by whitelisting the built-in server IP address(es) to make sure your emails are delivered.
IP for JungleMail for Office 365 (EU) app (service hosted in Europe):
IP for JungleMail for Office 365 (AU) app (service hosted in Australia):
Newsletters sent through the JungleMail Mail Server use the following IP addresses.
IP for JungleMail Australia Mail server (service hosted in Australia)
Whitelisting IPs in Exchange admin center
To access the Exchange admin center, you must have Microsoft 365 admin permissions.
1. Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center with your Office 365 admin account at https://aka.ms/admincenter.
2. Under Admin centers, select Exchange.
3. Under protection, select connection filter.
4. Click the pencil icon to edit the default connection filter policy.
5. Click connection filtering.
6. Under IP Allow list, click the plus sign.
7. Add the IP address that you want to whitelist, then click OK. Repeat steps 6-7 to add several addresses.