JungleMail for Office 365 provides a real-time analysis of your newsletter campaign. In this tutorial, you will learn where to find your reports, and how you can use them to improve your future campaigns.
To open Analytics
To access reports, open the app and select the Analytics section.
At the top of this section, a general performance report is displayed. To narrow down the data range, specify the dates in the From and To fields on the top right corner, and click Filter.
The general report displays the following metrics:
- The total number of emails and newsletters (campaigns) sent during the specified period;
- Open Rate - the percentage of the total number of recipients who opened your newsletter;
- Unique Opens - the total number of unique recipient email opens divided by the number of emails delivered in the campaign. For example, if one of your recipients opens the same newsletter five times, it only counts as one unique open, but five total opens.
- Click Rate - the total number of clicks your emails received, divided by the total number of emails delivered;
- Unique Clicks - the number of times that a link in your newsletter was clicked by individual users. The repeated clicks on links are not counted.
- The percentage and the total number of bounces and unsubscribes;
- Reading Devices - the relative share (in percentages) of different device types used to open your newsletter. Only unique opens are counted.
To open a campaign report
To access a detailed report for a specific newsletter (campaign), click on its name in the Newsletter section (under the general report).
The newsletter report metrics are divided into three tabs: Newsletter Stats, Top Links, and Clickstream.
The Newsletter Stats is divided into three sections. The uppermost section displays most of the metrics displayed in the general report, with an additional breakdown of some data (e.g., Click Rate displays both unique and total clicks). This data is followed by:
- Newsletter Performance section - graphical presentation of selected metrics distribution by the time range;
- User Behavior section that displays the distribution of unique opens by device type, and the distribution of total clicks by a week day and the hour of the day.
The Newsletter Performance section can display up to three selected metrics. You can specify the metrics and the data range in the drop-down menus.
The Top Links tab displays everything related to clicks in your newsletter, including click rate, unique clicks, and total clicks. In addition, you get a list of the top 5 links, sorted by the number of unique clicks.
In the Clickstream tab, you can see the most navigation paths, or click sequences, sorted by the number of recipients who took a specific path.
Click on the underscored numbers to open Newsletter Log.
The log shows the emails addresses attributed to each metric so that you can see exactly who opened your newsletter or made other actions.
Exporting to CSV
You can export metrics from a general report and from any tab in the log into a comma-separated values (CSV) file that you can open with Microsoft Excel or other programs that can read this file type.
To generate and download the report, simply click the Export to CSV button (outlined in red in the general report and log screenshots above).